The University of Chicago has established an advisory committee and engaged a firm to assist in the search for the next Dana Feitler Director of the Smart Museum of Art.
The members of the advisory committee represent key stakeholders, including members of the Smart Museum’s Board of Governors and University faculty. They are:
- Theaster Gates (Chair), Professor, Department of Visual Arts and the College
- Robert Buford, member, Smart Museum Board of Governors
- Amy Gold, member, Smart Museum Board of Governors
- Pam Hoehn-Saric, former Chair and member, Smart Museum Board of Governors
- Catriona MacLeod, Frank Curtis Springer and Gertrude Melcher Springer Professor in the College and the Department of Germanic Studies
- Richard Neer, Barbara E. and Richard J. Franke Distinguished Service Professor in Art History, Cinema and Media Studies, and the College; and Director of the Franke Institute for the Humanities
- Wu Hung, Harrie A. Vanderstappen Distinguished Service Professor of Art History and the College; Adjunct Curator, Smart Museum of Art
The committee will work closely with Lori Berko, Vice President and Secretary of the University, who will staff the search.
In addition, the firm m/Oppenheim has been retained to facilitate the search process and develop a strong pool of candidates. More information and nomination and application instructions are available in the position profile.
Questions, comments, or feedback are welcome. Please direct inquiries and insights to inform the search to email@example.com.