Regular object-based roundtables engage humanities and science faculty in lively discussion around art from the Smart's collection.
Typically, the interdisciplinary discussion is grounded by a handful of objects and brief presentations by two to three faculty members. The workshops center on diverse topics such as material, scale, beauty, and atmosphere.
Faculty from over 14 departments have participated in sessions to date.
- Belonging (October 28, 2016)
- Memory II (February 26, 2016)
- Memory (October 23, 2015)
- Atmospheres II (April 24, 2015)
- Atmospheres I (March 3, 2015)
- Twins, Mirrors, Doubles (May 28, 2014)
- Classical, Modern, and Postmodern Across the Disciplines (March 7, 2014)
- Ugly Art and Science (November 15, 2013)
- Darkness and Invisibility (April 30, 2013)
- Magic, Illusion, and the Power of Objects (March 6, 2013)
- Beauty, Symmetry, and Pattern (November 28, 2012)
- Time and Scale (May 8, 2012)
- Metal at Work (April 10, 2012)